52.Interview on Animal Trusts, KOMO 1000, News Program, 12:35 p.m., (September 20, 2007)
53. Terry Carter, Beast Practices: High-profile cases are putting plenty of bite into the lively field of animal law, ABA Journal (November 2007)
54. Maryann Mott, Avoid a Canine Custody Battle, The Dog Daily (April 21, 2008)
55. Daniel Jack Chasan, The Long Leash of the Law, Crosscut.com (May 16, 2008)
56. Chris Halsne, No Federal Violations for Boiled Monkey Death, KIRO TV (May 20, 2008).
57. Interview with Adam Karp, Professor Meredith Miller, Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center, The Slippery Slope (www.theslipperyslope.com), August 8, 2008
58. Jonathan Brunt, Lawyer threatens suit over city’s cat policy, Spokesman-Review (Aug. 28, 2008)
59. Isabelle Dills, Bellingham lawyer fights for animal rights, Bellingham Herald (Sept. 18, 2008)
60. Hannah Seligson, Couple splits up - pet custody battle begins, CNN.com/living (Oct. 2, 2008)
61. Chris Halsne, Criminal Charges Considered in Boiled Monkey Death, KIROTV.com (Oct. 22, 2008)
62. Diana Hefley, Activist wants criminal charges in monkey death, Everett herald (Oct. 23, 2008)
63. Jennifer Sullivan, Everett judge refuses to allow prosecution in scalded monkey case, The Seattle Times (Oct. 29, 2008)
64. Diana Hefley, No charges in monkeyâ€s death at Everett lab, The Everett Herald (Oct. 29, 2008)
65. Lovable property: Insurers may find themselves paying more for policyholders’ injuries to others’ pets, 33 Viewpoint No. 2 (Fall 2008), American Association of Insurance Services
66. Bill Morlin, Attorney challenges animal control laws, Spokesman-Review (Nov. 13, 2008)
67. Interview with Adam Karp on Schoendorf Suit, Mike Fitzsimmons, KXLY 920 AM Newscope (Nov. 17, 2008)
68. Jennifer Manning, Judge spares dog’s life for now, Whidbey News Times (Nov. 14, 2008)
69. Jennifer Manning, Litigation continues over dog’s fate, Whidbey News Times (Nov. 28, 2008)
70. Jennifer Manning, Smiley DNA test issue postponed by judge, Whidbey News Times (Dec. 2, 2008)
71. Jennifer Manning, Smiley undergoes behavior analysis, DNA testing, Whidbey News Times (Dec. 12, 2008)
72. Jennifer Manning, Smiley gets the once-over by dog experts, Whidbey News Times (Jan. 9, 2009)
73. Janis Siegel, JT News, Where’s the beef?Â (Dec. 23, 2009)
74. Jennifer Manning,WAIF files countersuit over Smiley, Whidbey News Times (Jan. 23, 2009)
75. Peter Lewis, What’s Fido worth? Almost nothing, MSN Money (Jan. 27, 2009)
76. Jennifer Manning,It’s not murder, it’s Smiley, Whidbey News Times (Jan. 30, 2009)
77. Levi Pulkinnen, Cruelty laws apply to livestock, lawsuit says, Seattle Post-Intelligencer (Feb. 21, 2009)
78. Cookson Beecher,Animal cruelty rules go to court, Capital Press (Feb. 26, 2009)
79. Jackson Holtz, Owner demands return of dogs seized in puppy-mill case, Everett Herald (Sept. 27, 2009)
80. Linda Lombardi, Post-Katrina, Pet Custody a Prominent Legal Issue, ABC News (Jan. 12, 2010)
81. Maryssa Thompson, Lawyer speaks on “Animal Law,” animal rights, Gonzaga Bulletin (Apr. 1, 2010)
82. Nina Shapiro,Kenneth and Nonna Newman, Former Owners of Euthanized Pekingese, Fail in Their Efforts to Get Vet Disciplined, Seattle Weekly (May 18, 2010)
83. Anna Persky, Their Day in Court, ABA Journal (Sept. 1, 2010)
84. Michael Rothfeld, Oil Spill’s Other Victims: The Animals, Wall Street Journal Law Blog (Sept. 20, 2010)
85. Nina Shapiro, Just One of Those Things, Seattle Weekly (Sep. 29, 2010)
86. Barbara Shultz, Animal Advocate with Barbara Shultz (appearance/interview), KMUD (Nov. 11, 2010, 7:25 p.m.)
87. Nina Shapiro, Excessive Force Case Filed Over Lab Mix Who Dared to Sniff Police Dog’s Butt, Seattle Weekly (Jan. 11, 2011)
88. Keith Daigle, A citizen criminal complaint is filed against two Des Moines Police Officers involved in the shooting death of a dog, The Highline Times (Feb. 11, 2011)
89. Ralph Nichols, Misdemeanor Criminal Complaint Animal Cruelty Lawsuit Filed Against 2 Police, The Waterland Blog (Feb. 11, 2011)
90. Vanessa Ho, Owners of Electrocuted Seattle Dog Seek $60,000 in Damages, Seattle Post-Intelligencer (Mar. 10, 2011)
91. Eric Lacitis,Owner files $60,000 Claim Over Electrocuted Canine, Seattle Times
(Mar. 11, 2011)
92. Vanessa Ho, How Did Attacking Pit Bull Escape Death? With a Lawyer, That’s How, Seattle Post-IntelligencerÂ (Jun. 1, 2011)
93. Vanessa Ho,City Pays $11K to Owners of Electrocuted Dog, Seattle Post-Intelligencer (Jul. 1, 2011)
94. Ralph Nichols, Attorneys Prepare for Aug. 2nd Rosie Hearing By Filing Dueling Briefs, The Waterland Blog (Jul. 1, 2011)
95. Special Guest Interview on Farmers’ Decision to “Total” Dog Injured in Car Accident,Crashtalk with Mike Harper, KTPK 1090 AM, Seattle, WA (Sept. 10, 2011, 8:45 a.m.).
96. Cameron Probert, Moses Lake repeals dog ban, Columbia Basin Herald (Oct. 2, 2011)
97. Natasha Ryan, Edmonds man blames city for his dogsâ€ deaths, KING 5 News, Seattle, WA (Oct. 6, 2011).
98. Susan Gilmore, Man seeking compensation for dogs killed by train at off-leash park in Edmonds, The Seattle Times, Seattle, WA (Oct. 6, 2011).
99. Yolanda Eisenstein,Careers in Animal Law, American Bar Association (Sept. 2011), ISBN 978-1-61632-961-7
100. Nina Shapiro,Blizzard Vindicated and Dangerous Animal€ť Labeling Declared Suspect by Appeals Court, Seattle Weekly (Nov. 30, 2011)
101. Adam Lynn, Pierce County’s dangerous-dog policy deemed unconstitutional, The News Tribune (Dec. 4, 2011)
102.Fighting with Insurers is No Day at the Circus, Nonprofit Says, 22 (11) Westlaw J. Ins. Cov. 2 (Dec. 23, 2011).
103. Nina Shapiro, Finch Dog Rescue Saga Ends with Unique Foreclosure Auction in Burlington,Seattle Weekly (Apr. 6, 2012)
104. Lynsi Burton, Dogs from puppy mill up for adoption, Skagit Valley Herald (May 4, 2012).
105. Lynn Hayner, Evolving Legal Landscape, Dog Fancy (Jun. 2012)
106. Legal Q&A: Pets, wills and animal trusts [Tails of Seattle: A pets blog], The Seattle Times (Jul. 16, 2012).
107. Legal Q&A: Part 3: The fine print in pet-insurance shopping [Tails of Seattle: A pets blog], The Seattle Times (Nov. 19, 2012)
108. Nina Shapiro, The Veterinarian Who Seemed to Hate Animals: State Charges Peter Rule with Abusing Patients, Seattle Weekly (Nov. 23, 2012)
109. Mike Carter,Lawsuit says police didn’t need to shoot, kill Rosie, Seattle Times (Nov. 28, 2012).
110. Josh Kerns,Des Moines couple sues police for shooting beloved dog, Mynorthwest.com (Nov. 28, 2012)
111. Caleb Hutton, Ferndale veterinarian denies abusing animals, but admits he made mistakes, Bellingham Herald (Nov. 29, 2012)
112. Tracy Campion, A guide to breed-specific legislation (BSL): Part 1, & Examiner.com (Jan. 4, 2013) A guide to breed-specific legislation (BSL): Part 2 - animal law, Examiner.com (Jan. 14, 2013)
113. Jennifer Sullivan, Des Moines to pay $51,000 over fatal shooting of dog, The Seattle Times (Feb. 20, 2013)
114. Tracy Campion, Justice for Rosie: Family whose dog was shot by police receives settlement, Examiner.com (Feb. 21, 2013)
115. Dori Monson,Attorney for family of Rosie the dog on historic judgment, KIRO: Dori Monson Show (Feb. 22, 2013)
116. Mike Carter,Owners of dog slain by police are awarded attorney fees, The Seattle Times (Apr. 23, 2013)
117. Adam Karp, Esq., Successfully Litigating BSL, Pit Bulletin Legal News Radio (Apr. 23, 2013)
118. Tiffany Sukola,ML dog shooting case reverses, Columbia Basin Herald (Aug. 20, 2013)
119. Ron Judd, Pet attorney is raising the bar on what beloved pets are worth, Pacific NW Magazine (Jan. 24, 2014).
120. Rachel Belle, Bark and Bite: A Bellingham Lawyer Specializes in Animal Law, Ring My Belle, KIRO 97.3 FM (Feb. 13, 2014).
121. Ross Reynolds, Every Dog Has Its Day (In Court), The Record, KUOW 94.9 (Feb. 20, 2014).
122. Anne Wallace Allen, As pet status rises in households, Idaho bar prepares its members, Idaho Business Review (Mar. 20, 2014).
123. Leah Sottile, Between Man and Beast, The Inlander (Apr. 9, 2014).
124.Jessica Robinson, The Constitution Might Have Something to Say When Police Shoot Dogs, Jefferson Public Radio (Jul. 11, 2014).